If you are working and receiving state education grants (SU) or production school grant, you should change your preliminary income assessment

  1. Log on to skat.dk/tastselv with your NemID.
  2. Select Forskudsopgørelsen 2020 (Preliminary income assessment 2020).
  3. Select field 201 - Lønindkomst mv. (Earned income etc.) If the field is not visible go to Oftest tilføjede felter (Frequently added fields) select Nyt job (New job) and find the field.
  4. If the salary you expect to earn in salary this year is already stated in the field you do not have do to anything further. You can log off now.
  5. If the amount is not stated or if it is incorrect, you need to change it to what you expect to earn in salary this year. See example.
  6. If you have earned a salary from another employer during the year or if you received a state education grant go to Oftest tilføjede felter and (Frequently added fields) and select Indkomst og betalt skat indtil ændring (Income and tax paid up to date of change).
    • Field 353 - Pension, dagpenge og SU indtil ændring (ikke AM-bidragspligtig) (Pension benefits, unemployment, sickness or parental leave benefits and state education grant up to date of change): Enter any amount you have received in unemployment benefits or state education grant so far this year.
    • Field 360 - Lønindkomst inkl. søindkomst indtil ændring (før fradrag af am-bidrag) (Earned income up to date of change): Enter any amount you have earned so far this year. See the amount on your latest payslip.
    • Field 361 - Betalt A-skat indtil ændring (Paid A-tax up to date of change): Enter any amount you have paid in A-tax so far this year. See the amount on you latest playslip.
  7. Select Beregn (Calculate) at the bottom of the page and check that your figures are correct.
  8. Select Godkend (Accept).

Thank you very much. You are done!

Please contact the Danish Tax Agency (Skattestyrelsen) if you have any questions.



  • You need to change your preliminary income assessment if you get a student job while you receive the state education grant.
  • When you apply for the grant, you choose whether the education grant administration should use your primary tax card or your tax exemption card. You need to use your primary tax card where you earn the most. Normally that is your education grant. 
  • If your grant is higher than your salary from your student job, your employer has to use your tax exemption card and not your primary tax card. Talk to your employer or check your payslip.