• If you leave Denmark carrying cash worth more than EUR 10,000, you must declare it to the Danish Tax Agency (Skattestyrelsen). This rule applies even if you are not a tourist. 
  • If you are a tourist living outside the EU, you are entitled to a refund of the Danish value-added tax (VAT) on goods you have purchased in Denmark.

Carrying more than EUR 10,000 

VAT refunds - for tourists in Denmark who are living outside the EU


Please see our legal guide (in Danish) for further legal information.

Did you find the answers to your questions?

www.skat.dk is your access to the self-service system and guides on taxes and duties of the Danish Customs and Tax Administration