When you deregister a vehicle, you need to hand in the number plates to a number plate provider or to one of the vehicle registration offices of the Danish Motor Vehicle Agency (Motorstyrelse). Your insurance company will be notified automatically.

Please see our legal guide (in Danish) for further legal information.

Did you find the answers to your questions?

www.skat.dk is your access to the self-service system and guides on taxes and duties of the Danish Customs and Tax Administration