Your employer may choose to pay a tax-free travel allowance for food, accommodation and petty acquisitions in connection with work-related travel. The employee must be away for at least 24 hours. Travel allowances are tax-free and are paid according to standard rates. This is also called subsistence allowance.

Please see our legal guide (in Danish) for further legal information.

Did you find the answers to your questions? is your access to the self-service system and guides on taxes and duties of the Danish Customs and Tax Administration