Your tax assessment notice is a summary of your tax for the past year, showing your income, deductions and allowances and tax paid.

It is available each year in March and it tells you if you are entitled to a refund of overpaid tax or if you have paid too little tax. If you are entitled to a refund, we transfer the refund to your account automatically in most cases.

From 11 March 2019, you can see and change your tax assessment notice in E-tax (TastSelv). The deadline for making changes to your tax assessment notice was 1 May 2019.

If you want to see your expected income, deductions and allowances and tax for the current year, you have to check your preliminary income assessment.

Please note: If you would like your tax assessment notice translated into a language other than Danish, you need to contact a certified translator as the Danish Tax Agency does not translate individual tax assessment notices. See examples of tax assessment notices in English here

See your tax assessment notice

We obtain most of the information for your tax assessment notice from your bank, your employer or student grant provider, for example. If your tax assessment looks right, you do not need to do anything. However, you have to enter certain deductions and allowances yourself.

Deductions and allowances that you generally need to check and correct:

Deduction for transport between home and work

Deductions for workwear, courses, etc.

You need to file your tax return by 1 July 2019. Please note that you need to complete and accept your tax return even if you have nothing to add to the information listed in your service letter.

You should file a tax return if you:

  • are self-employed
  • have foreign income or property
  • own rental property that you do not live in personally
  • are an artist and are covered by the income equalisation scheme for artists
  • work with irregular financial year
  • own shares in investment project partnerships (ordinary or limited) (anparter) which are not subject to the rules governing such shares.

Read more about the tax return 

Please see our legal guide (in Danish) for further legal information.