When you sell an owner-occupied home, you should change your interest expenses and your property value tax in your preliminary income assessment and tax assessment notice to avoid paying too little or too much tax. You only have to pay property value tax for the period  you live in the home. This also applies if you vacate the premises before the sales date.

  • Enter the date for then you move in field 767 in your preliminary income assessment and box 189 in your tax assessment notice.
  • Remember to change your interest expense in your preliminary income assessment if you convert your loan.
  • Your municipality collects property tax (land tax) so you do not have to change this in your preliminary income assessment.

Change your preliminary income assessment

Change your tax assessment notice, box 189, in E-tax

Please see our legal guide (in Danish) for further legal information.

Did you find the answers to your questions?

www.skat.dk is your access to the self-service system and guides on taxes and duties of the Danish Customs and Tax Administration