Form no.
04.029 EN
About this form

If you are moving abroad (including to Greenland and the Faroe Islands), you need to do the following: 

  • First you deregister from the Danish National Register (Folkeregisteret). You do so via

  • Have you run or are you running a business in Denmark?
    • Will you no longer be running a business in Denmark? If you own a business in Denmark that is no longer active, you need to deregister it at Luk virksomhed (
    • Are you not sure whether you will continue to run a business in Denmark after leaving? Call us on (+45) 72 22 28 27 for guidance on whether to keep your business registered as active in Denmark.
  • Call us on (+45) 72 22 28 92 one week after you have deregistered from the Danish National Register. If possible, we will determine your tax liability right away and let you know which documents you need to submit to us in connection with your leaving Denmark.

  • If we ask you to submit this form (04.029), you can either attach it as a file to an email via E-tax (TastSelv), or you can send it by regular post to:
    Postboks 9
    4930 Maribo

  • Before you complete the form, we recommend that you read Leaving Denmark permanently på

Do you have one or more Danish or approved non-Danish pension schemes? You can request to be exempted from paying tax on your pension returns if you are no longer subject to full tax liability or a tax resident in Denmark. Complete and submit form 07.058 to apply.

On 1 July 2018, SKAT was split into seven new agencies. One of them is the Danish Tax Agency (Skattestyrelsen). 


Link til digital løsning

PDF version

Download form 04.029 EN

Note: Please save the form on your computer before completing it. Otherwise the data you enter may not be saved.
Danish Tax Agency